The Help Desk Application has been developed from CSO Lanifex GmbH to define complex processes and to daily work and control these processes. This module might be used stand allone or as a submodule from LFX Event Horizon, a comprehensive security monitoring tool. Within LFX Event Horizon it covers the incident handling and management process. Incidents are automatically phased in to a predefined process. In a separate development Lanifex provides the whole ISO17799 as process control objectives.
The product will be offered under a dual-license:
- bFlow Workflow Tool -- Offered under GPL v2, as Open Source product.
- bFlow Workflow Tool Pro -- Commercial license only, includes additional Professional Reporting module, LDAP integration and paid support.
- Based on LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), the software offers a Web-based interface with secure role-based access control and authentication. It has been developed over the past six years, and is now being offered for free use under the GNU Public License, version 2. Lanifex is pleased to offer commercial support and maintenance contracts for this software to interested companies, as well as custom development and adaptation services for organizations who wish to integrate or modify the software to meet specific needs.
Some of the powerful features include:
- Integrated graphical workflow design tool
- Notification messages via Email and SMS
- Escalation chains to trigger additional actions
- Form designer with flexible data storage
- Forms attached to requests, with drop-downs and form trees
- Export and import via XML of forms and workflow templates
- User and Group administration, with LDAP integration available